Friday, March 28, 2003

fresh ingredients

Because this blog has been missing 2 things: 1) a long political rant (coming once I've finished the email I'm going to hi-jack it from), and 2) a long list of songs that I've been obsessed with lately. So, I've been making mixtapes again, and here are some of the tracks that have or are going to be included on probably more than one tape each...

The Slits - 'Love Und Romance' - "call you every day on the telephone, brrrrrrrreak! your neck! if you ain't home! I'm so glad that you belong to me; oh my darling! who wants to be free?"

Kwest Tha Madd Lad - '101 Things To Do While I'm With Your Girl' - "now he's facin' the floor talkin' bout 'Kwest, you foul!' - hold up, just hear me out now, pal: 'don't take it personal...'"

Clipse - 'Young Boy' - "what's my excuse? CARTOONS was the root! started with Yosemite Sam, with the gunnin'..."

Nas - 'Made You Look' - "who's the sexiest? it's always the nastiest; and I like a little sassiness, a lotta class'"

Avenue D - 'Do I Look Like A Slut?' - actually, I'm not even quoting this... this lyrics thing is played out...

2pac - 'Heartz Of Men'

The Afghan Whigs - 'Honky's Ladder'

Misteeq - 'Scandalous' - how good is this? yeah, they're trying to be an American r&b band now - that's a good thing, dummies!

Justin Timberlake - '(Oh No) What You Got' - I don't actually have this, it's just stuck in my head cuz of the dope Timbaland production and Timbo going "Mister JT, now what you got for me?" over and over.

Winterbrief - 'Trash This Town' - the best band you haven't heard of yet? I only know this song - I need more!

p.s. Links on the left have been shuffled a bit - if I could, I'd have the order changed randomly every week, but until then...