Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Oh my God there's a new Greg Dulli album out and I had no idea. According to this interview, the first song opens with the lines "Black out the windows, it’s party time", which makes me think that Dulli really is as good as it gets at those opening statements of intent: 1965 kicks off with "I got your phone number baby, I'll call you sometime" ('Somethin' Hot'), while its murkier predecessor Black Love - the greatest album ever made! (maybe) - begins "Tonight, tonight I say goodbye, to everyone who loves me" ('Crime Scene Part One'). Although maybe the defining statement of intent on that album is on 'Bulletproof': "this time we go a little lower"...

Anyway, this is yet another album I have to get - will have to go on my Xmas list together with Basement Jaxx, Jay-Z, Kylie, The Distillers and the Fiery Furnaces.

(Via No Rock.)