Tuesday, April 08, 2003

connected to the right line

I just know that until I get my thoughts on The Rules of Attraction down in some coherent form, I will have Erasure's 'Stop' stuck in my head. On repeat.

Worth mentioning, maybe: a couple of months ago I entered one of those 'young journalism' competitions despite the fact that I feel increasingly old and not a journalist (I mean, I'm not one - just a very occasional freelance babbler). This was largely an excuse to do an interview with the It Came From The Sea DJ boys, and - skipping over the fact that some younger and more deserving upstart took the prize in the aforementioned comp - they're now serialising it in bits and bobs over on their site. Read my hyperbole, and if you're at all convinced and can possibly make it down to the Hanbury Ballroom in Brighton this Friday, I would love to see you work it, etc.

I *so* need the time off work that I have coming up. And I need to listen to The Rapture, to drive out the Erasure, even though Erasure ain't necessarily a bad thing...