Tuesday, August 19, 2003

I'm writing this from Red's place, deep in the wilds of Metroland, the commuter kingdom, endless outposts of suburbia in a rural setting. She's just dyed her hair, thus ceasing to be entirely Red, although no doubt that name will continue to be mildly appropriate due to a persisting resemblance to a character from a cult TV series... I like it here, it feels like a farmstead compared to my crooked little ultra-urban corner of King's Cross (which has its own considerable advantages and charms, but space and homeliness are not two of them).

I have been wondering why I don't start calling Red by either her given name here, or one of her own online handles, but I guess I just like people to have as many codenames as possible. Geeky.

[Edit: it turns out her hair is still quited red. It's just darker. Problem solved!]