I've been promising to post about Nina (aka Red, aka Tryphena Sparks, aka a whole other bunch of names I'm not going to invoke mainly just 'cos the internet is a strange and complex place). Doing this online at all is strange... But I feel it's only fair, and proper, and blah blah blah equality. I will talk about the girl herself when I can find the words, but for now... Small ways in which Nina has improved my life.
I have started using exfoliating facewash. Stop laughing. This is something I blanched at - and it was then pointed out to me that for someone who likes to strive towards 'progressive' or 'liberal' attitudes towards gender roles, I have a pretty restricted idea of what skin products are appropriate for the modern identifies-as-hetero-and-male person. So in comes another item to the row of products on the bathroom shelf... And it makes a difference! It really does.
In fact, I'm feeling better about my appearance in general. I've lost a little weight, too. This is partly due to cutting down on beer, partly due to eating better food.
I own a linen basket, and The Royal Tenenbaums on video.
That'll have to do for now, I'm out of time.
I have started using exfoliating facewash. Stop laughing. This is something I blanched at - and it was then pointed out to me that for someone who likes to strive towards 'progressive' or 'liberal' attitudes towards gender roles, I have a pretty restricted idea of what skin products are appropriate for the modern identifies-as-hetero-and-male person. So in comes another item to the row of products on the bathroom shelf... And it makes a difference! It really does.
In fact, I'm feeling better about my appearance in general. I've lost a little weight, too. This is partly due to cutting down on beer, partly due to eating better food.
I own a linen basket, and The Royal Tenenbaums on video.
That'll have to do for now, I'm out of time.

<< Home