Hilarious and spot-on pastiche of the attitudes of certain prog/rad/lib/left types when it comes to the politics of body shape, courtesy of I Love Music, and in answer to the question 'Can FAT people rock?':
I think this question doesn't go in depth enough, what we have to understand is not just wether or not a person is fat, but rather, why they are fat. For example, people who are morbidly obese because they patronize McDonalds, eat hormone-filled dead cow, and spend there time at home buying stocks in NIKE from their computer - well, they're corporate whores. Corporate whores are totally incapable of rocking (See: Everything on any major label, ever, especially Metalica). However, people who are fat because of their asthma medication, or as a statement, or because they're vegan, or because they ate Metalica alive and they haven't been digested yet, or because they ate an SUV (As a statement), or because they spent they're childhood listening to CRASS instead of exercizing, or because they're emulating the bassist from D4, or because . . . I forget what I was talking about.
I'd add some kind of commentary but I think that really nails it. (Hmm, I better post something slagging off right wing assholes quickly, I've been venting my frustrations with my supposed "side" a lot lately...)
The correct answer to the original question itself - like you really needed one - is of course:
YES.
I think this question doesn't go in depth enough, what we have to understand is not just wether or not a person is fat, but rather, why they are fat. For example, people who are morbidly obese because they patronize McDonalds, eat hormone-filled dead cow, and spend there time at home buying stocks in NIKE from their computer - well, they're corporate whores. Corporate whores are totally incapable of rocking (See: Everything on any major label, ever, especially Metalica). However, people who are fat because of their asthma medication, or as a statement, or because they're vegan, or because they ate Metalica alive and they haven't been digested yet, or because they ate an SUV (As a statement), or because they spent they're childhood listening to CRASS instead of exercizing, or because they're emulating the bassist from D4, or because . . . I forget what I was talking about.
I'd add some kind of commentary but I think that really nails it. (Hmm, I better post something slagging off right wing assholes quickly, I've been venting my frustrations with my supposed "side" a lot lately...)
The correct answer to the original question itself - like you really needed one - is of course:
YES.

<< Home