you were dressed like a punk but you were too young to remember
I'm thinking of making "hott extras in music videos" into a regular feature in this blog. Today's entry comes from Belle & Sebastian's lastest single, the excellent 'I'm A Cuckoo'. The video features Stuart Murdoch doing a lot of running, which pleases me because it reminds me of the first B&S song I ever heard, 'The Stars Of Track And Field', a song I'm not sure they've ever bettered. The video also reminds me of Gregory's Girl, but whether this is deliberate or not, I have no idea, not least of all because it's so long since I saw that film I'm not even sure that's the film I'm thinking of. It could be a whole other Scottish film from roughly the same era. Anyway, back to that matter at hand, the girl in question is the one with a quiff, at one point seen reading 'Teds Monthly', who can also be seen on the single's cover:
So can anyone who has Dear Catastrophe Waitress tell me if it's worth getting? Bear in mind that my previous favourite B&S album was Fold Your Hands Child..., and that I've been a little bit put off so far by people who like the latest album dissing that one.
I'm thinking of making "hott extras in music videos" into a regular feature in this blog. Today's entry comes from Belle & Sebastian's lastest single, the excellent 'I'm A Cuckoo'. The video features Stuart Murdoch doing a lot of running, which pleases me because it reminds me of the first B&S song I ever heard, 'The Stars Of Track And Field', a song I'm not sure they've ever bettered. The video also reminds me of Gregory's Girl, but whether this is deliberate or not, I have no idea, not least of all because it's so long since I saw that film I'm not even sure that's the film I'm thinking of. It could be a whole other Scottish film from roughly the same era. Anyway, back to that matter at hand, the girl in question is the one with a quiff, at one point seen reading 'Teds Monthly', who can also be seen on the single's cover:
So can anyone who has Dear Catastrophe Waitress tell me if it's worth getting? Bear in mind that my previous favourite B&S album was Fold Your Hands Child..., and that I've been a little bit put off so far by people who like the latest album dissing that one.

<< Home