Eppy on responses to the Courtney Love album - which in turn prompted me to write something I need to post here, too (I still love you, Courtney).
You know what really annoys me? The fact that it's so predictable that there will be a bunch of negative reviews that say "how tragic, we hate this but we loved Live Through This". Like nobody remembers the extent to which the misogynistic male rock critic knives were out for Courtney in 1995. Same as it ever was. Same as it EVER was.
It's not like this doesn't happen all the time, either. With specific acts (yes, all you reviewers dissing the latest Wu project, you were so drooling over 36 Chambers when it came out - of course you were, yes, yes), and with whole swathes of music in general ("why can't hip hop sound like it used to back in the day (when I didn't like it either)?" - BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING MUPPET).
The calm of reason will descend upon me once more in a moment, I'm sure.
You know what really annoys me? The fact that it's so predictable that there will be a bunch of negative reviews that say "how tragic, we hate this but we loved Live Through This". Like nobody remembers the extent to which the misogynistic male rock critic knives were out for Courtney in 1995. Same as it ever was. Same as it EVER was.
It's not like this doesn't happen all the time, either. With specific acts (yes, all you reviewers dissing the latest Wu project, you were so drooling over 36 Chambers when it came out - of course you were, yes, yes), and with whole swathes of music in general ("why can't hip hop sound like it used to back in the day (when I didn't like it either)?" - BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING MUPPET).
The calm of reason will descend upon me once more in a moment, I'm sure.

<< Home