Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Vague impressions from the weekend:

1) The Isle of Wight is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

2) The new Peaches album is a grower. It doesn't really kick in until 'Kick It', but from that point - through 'Operate', 'Tombstone, Baby' and 'Shake Yer Dix' in particular, it's great.

3) The version of 'Olio' that appears on The Rapture's Echoes is possibly the most ideal soundtrack to night-time driving.

4) Underworld is a lot better movie than people are saying. Big, loud, rain-drenched Goth-corn nonsense. Fun.

5) The sea can be very calming.

God, I wanted to update this blog properly this evening but the guy talking too loudly on his mobile across from me in the netcafe is driving me crazy. I will have to write something extensive and nice about my soulmate here at some point in the next couple of days, which I find tricky at least partly because I'm never in quite the right mindset when I find myself in front of a computer. And I would just say "Rec rocks beyond all reasonable comprehension", but then I might sound like too many people on the net I can't stand - using understatement to get past your emotional inelegance where romance is concerned is, I think, the mark of the cretin. We shall see.