It seems like about a month since I last saw sunlight. The British winter is bad enough, but when you spend the daylight hours in an office during the week, and in bed at the weekend, it all starts to take a toll. I keep hearing that funereal, spooky piece of music from the cinema scene and end credits of Donnie Darko in my head.
Here's something to get excited about, though: Hayao Miyazaki, the genius behind Spirited Away (the best film to get a cinematic release in the UK last year), is busy adapting Diana Wynne Jones' novel Howl's Moving Castle. Details here. The combination of DWJ and Miyazaki is going to make some people's heads explode in gleeful expectation alone, I suspect...
Here's something to get excited about, though: Hayao Miyazaki, the genius behind Spirited Away (the best film to get a cinematic release in the UK last year), is busy adapting Diana Wynne Jones' novel Howl's Moving Castle. Details here. The combination of DWJ and Miyazaki is going to make some people's heads explode in gleeful expectation alone, I suspect...

<< Home