disappointment, encore
So I heard and saw 'Mono' for the first time last night. Despite previous comments, and while on principle I'm always gonna have Courtney Love's back more often than not, I am pretty underwhelmed. Let's be honest, it just isn't as good a Hole song as 'Drain The Blood' by The Distillers. Which in turn got me thinking that what ought to happen at the end of the 'Mono' video is that the little girls in fairy costumes who crawl out from under Courtney's dress turn round and cut her up with their chainsaws, and then pick clean her bones. Not cuz I'm hating, but because that's the way the rock/pop game works sometimes. Your children turn round and tear you to shreds - either that, or they surpass you and then you have to get them in to work on your records...
Plus, if I'm going to talk about the video for 'Mono', I have to say how disappointed I am with discovering that one of the things Courtney is hear to save the world from is... that nasty gangsta rap music! %It's all about those aggressive black men shooting each other, you know.% How *old* the joke is depresses me as much as how dumb, sweeping, inaccurate, offensive, etc. Way to get some of the hard rock bores back on yer side, C - I hope it was worth it.
So I heard and saw 'Mono' for the first time last night. Despite previous comments, and while on principle I'm always gonna have Courtney Love's back more often than not, I am pretty underwhelmed. Let's be honest, it just isn't as good a Hole song as 'Drain The Blood' by The Distillers. Which in turn got me thinking that what ought to happen at the end of the 'Mono' video is that the little girls in fairy costumes who crawl out from under Courtney's dress turn round and cut her up with their chainsaws, and then pick clean her bones. Not cuz I'm hating, but because that's the way the rock/pop game works sometimes. Your children turn round and tear you to shreds - either that, or they surpass you and then you have to get them in to work on your records...
Plus, if I'm going to talk about the video for 'Mono', I have to say how disappointed I am with discovering that one of the things Courtney is hear to save the world from is... that nasty gangsta rap music! %It's all about those aggressive black men shooting each other, you know.% How *old* the joke is depresses me as much as how dumb, sweeping, inaccurate, offensive, etc. Way to get some of the hard rock bores back on yer side, C - I hope it was worth it.

<< Home