Tuesday, August 03, 2004

My ballot in the I Love Music Top 100 Albums & Tracks of 2000-2004 elections. The fact that you have to pick from a pre-existing list makes me wish I'd joined in when the long shortlist was being drawn up - although I gather that the selection procedure might have meant that my contribution didn't affect the notable omissions. The most obvious of these as far as I'm concerned would have to be El-P's Fantastic Damage (although ILM in not-feeling-the-beard-hop shockah!). Anyway, I'm still pretty happy with how this turned out - some will also be shocked by the lack of Britney in my 15 tracks, but that's how the cards fell on this particular day...

Favourite albums (in order of pref.):

01. 45pts Le Tigre - Le Tigre
02. 40pts Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
03. 36pts Primal Scream - Xtrmntr
04. 32pts Jay-Z - The Blueprint
05. 28pts PJ Harvey - Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea
06. 24pts Missy Elliott - Miss E... So Addictive
07. 20pts Radiohead - Kid A
08. 16pts Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash
09. 13pts Miss Kittin - I Com
10. 10pts Bubba Sparxxx - Deliverance
11. 7pts The New Pornographers - Electric Version
12. 5pts Ghostface - The Pretty Toney Album
13. 3pts N.E.R.D. - In Search Of…
14. 2pts Kanye West - The College Dropout
15. 1pt Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

Favourite tracks (in order of pref.):

01. 45pts Jay-Z - Public Service Announcement
02. 40pts Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
03. 36pts Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
04. 32pts Radiohead - Idioteque
05. 28pts Tweet - Oops (Oh My)
06. 24pts Le Tigre - Deceptacon (DFA Mix)
07. 20pts Eminem - Stan
08. 16pts Basement Jaxx - Lucky Star (Ft Dizzee Rascal)
09. 13pts Phoenix - Too Young
10. 10pts R Kelly - Ignition (Remix)
11. 7pts Outkast - Hey Ya!
12. 5pts Jay-Z - 99 Problems
13. 3pts Wu-Tang Clan - I Can't Go To Sleep
14. 2pts M.I.A. - Galang
15. 1pt Lumidee - Never Leave You (Uh Oh)

MOST HATED album AND track from the nominations list:

The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free
Morrisey - America Is Not The World

Favourite track from the favourite album you voted for:

Le Tigre - Deceptacon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home