been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the dance-off
But let us not think of Dido - instead, as the good book advises: "whatever is good, whatever is pure, whatever is noble, whatever is Joycore, whatever featues a gratuitous appearance by Pharell in the video, think upon these things". I had a lovely weekend for all sorts of reasons (it being a day longer than usual helped, oh yes). I was quite surprised that one of those reasons was seeing American Pie: The Wedding, a film which I was more or less dragged to see (I didn't struggle, I've learned that this is wise) by my favourite witchy redhead (not Alysson Hannigan, who would have been a poor substitute). It's not the greatest piece of cinema ever crafted, but it's a good deal better than the second movie and so, like the first, surpassed my admittedly low expectations. There are at least three scenes that justify this film's existence, but the stand out has to be when Stifler, hitherto relegated to the role of obnoxious jock asshole, decides to win the respect of a packed Gay Bar (stop that) by engaging in a dance-off with the aptly named Bear. To a medley of tunes that includes 'The Reflex', no less - that darn song is following me around...
My point is this: dance-offs are the new kareoke. I'm going to have to challenge a few people to dance-offs at the next It Came From The Sea. Which reminds us all - long overdue final part of my write-up of the last one is on its way this week. I know I keep saying that, but... it really is.
But let us not think of Dido - instead, as the good book advises: "whatever is good, whatever is pure, whatever is noble, whatever is Joycore, whatever featues a gratuitous appearance by Pharell in the video, think upon these things". I had a lovely weekend for all sorts of reasons (it being a day longer than usual helped, oh yes). I was quite surprised that one of those reasons was seeing American Pie: The Wedding, a film which I was more or less dragged to see (I didn't struggle, I've learned that this is wise) by my favourite witchy redhead (not Alysson Hannigan, who would have been a poor substitute). It's not the greatest piece of cinema ever crafted, but it's a good deal better than the second movie and so, like the first, surpassed my admittedly low expectations. There are at least three scenes that justify this film's existence, but the stand out has to be when Stifler, hitherto relegated to the role of obnoxious jock asshole, decides to win the respect of a packed Gay Bar (stop that) by engaging in a dance-off with the aptly named Bear. To a medley of tunes that includes 'The Reflex', no less - that darn song is following me around...
My point is this: dance-offs are the new kareoke. I'm going to have to challenge a few people to dance-offs at the next It Came From The Sea. Which reminds us all - long overdue final part of my write-up of the last one is on its way this week. I know I keep saying that, but... it really is.

<< Home