Out last night at a pub in Shoreditch - the kind of pub where the DJ has just discovered the Scissor Sisters but mostly plays old skiffle records - this isn't entirely a bad thing, I'm just trying to let you know the kind of hipster den we're talking about - fun, but crammed and loud, which makes it a struggle for the temperate - and maybe I'm getting old, but I found myself feeling deeply irritated with the latest trend for guys. Hipster boys: wash your hair. Whether it's a badly-cut fauxhawk or straggly locks, that greasy "hey man I don't have time to use shampoo I've been partying all week" look is not going to impress anyone worth their salt. Look at the hipster girls and the strange complex geometries and colour schemes of their hair, and then feel suitably ashamed by your lack of both effort and hygiene. You're playing yourselves. Thank you.
Friday, January 09, 2004
Previous Posts
- LIFT UP YOUR RECEIVER I'LL MAKE YOU A BELIEVER
- going back to England to play cards again A copy ...
- It seems like about a month since I last saw sunli...
- I'm so slow: the crunch was talking about the mean...
- philippians 4:8 Moving on to better things... Fir...
- evil is real So at the beginning of the new year ...
- The other four of the nine albums I'm calling 'the...
- So Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club is like the c...
- Hey! It's end of year round-up time! There are ni...
- Brief notices: Blackberry Belle is every bit as g...

<< Home