Friday, October 22, 2004

they live

Can anyone confirm who did the cover art for the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs DVD (thanks to Catchdubs for the heads up)? Because I am in love with it:



I've read that it's by Julian Gross from Liars, but I can't quite believe it - I keep thinking it must be some Paul Pope shit or something like that. Anyway, whoever it is, congratulations, mystery artist, you've reawakened my interest in the band...

I'll tell you what else is jaw-droppingly good: the song 'Conquering America' by Bodies Without Organs, and the accompanying video which you can be sneaky and see here if you haven't already (also, see here for more info on founding member Alexander Bard). How does this compare to 'Love Machine' by Girls Aloud in the Deleuze-&-Guattari-influenced pop stakes? I'll let you decide. But it's the best kind of sick.

Halloween's on the way. Keep it bloody.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is done by Julian gross. i know... cause he... is I. thank you for the nice words. there are funny drawings of brian and nick on the inside.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home