ICFTS#06 recap, part 1: hott people
With Red at the wheel of her Redmobile, me in the passenger seat, and the Boy 'Laces in the back, we survived the trials of the M25 and made it down to Right-On in good time, and thence on foot to the Hanbury Ballroom to arrive pretty much at 10pm on the dot. Just in time for nikon driver to drop the first tune of the night - 'Out Of The Races & Onto The Tracks' - we are as one mind on this. I'm gonna skip ahead and give musical selections as moments in the evening.
'LT Tour Theme' and I'm nodding my head and moving my shoulders a little as I walk back from the bar, but still I'm thinking again that the guys always play this track a little early, and I'm wondering if this is because there aren't thought to be enough Le Tigre fans in Brighton to give it the reception it would deserve if it came later in the night (surely not?), or whether it's just too good a let's-get-this-evening-fired-up kinda tune to save. Anyway, Red and I boogie away in our seats a little, and grin stupidly, and the place is starting to fill up and I can tell it's going to be a good 'un.
'Finest Dreams' - the three of us are convinced this must be a classic 80s tune, but it turns out to be Richard X featuring Kelis. Maybe it's a cover. Still, it has that super feel that defies retro and instead hits on only what was good about a sound, adding as Red points out a lot more bass. I add this song to my mental list of songs I need to acquire. One to sing along to in the 'mobile one day, if I get my way.
!!! - 'Me & Giuliani Down By The Schoolyard' - I bound over to nikon near the end of this to find out what it is, and he tells me. Of course, it's a band that he and others have been going on about for many weeks now, and yeah, they're right. It's good stuff. Maybe a little too well-timed in terms of that NYC, 'Killing Moon' feel, y'know, but... still worth investigating further.
In part 2: I hear 'Snake', everyone starts dancing to The Faint, and the evening starts to BLAAAAAAST OFF.
With Red at the wheel of her Redmobile, me in the passenger seat, and the Boy 'Laces in the back, we survived the trials of the M25 and made it down to Right-On in good time, and thence on foot to the Hanbury Ballroom to arrive pretty much at 10pm on the dot. Just in time for nikon driver to drop the first tune of the night - 'Out Of The Races & Onto The Tracks' - we are as one mind on this. I'm gonna skip ahead and give musical selections as moments in the evening.
'LT Tour Theme' and I'm nodding my head and moving my shoulders a little as I walk back from the bar, but still I'm thinking again that the guys always play this track a little early, and I'm wondering if this is because there aren't thought to be enough Le Tigre fans in Brighton to give it the reception it would deserve if it came later in the night (surely not?), or whether it's just too good a let's-get-this-evening-fired-up kinda tune to save. Anyway, Red and I boogie away in our seats a little, and grin stupidly, and the place is starting to fill up and I can tell it's going to be a good 'un.
'Finest Dreams' - the three of us are convinced this must be a classic 80s tune, but it turns out to be Richard X featuring Kelis. Maybe it's a cover. Still, it has that super feel that defies retro and instead hits on only what was good about a sound, adding as Red points out a lot more bass. I add this song to my mental list of songs I need to acquire. One to sing along to in the 'mobile one day, if I get my way.
!!! - 'Me & Giuliani Down By The Schoolyard' - I bound over to nikon near the end of this to find out what it is, and he tells me. Of course, it's a band that he and others have been going on about for many weeks now, and yeah, they're right. It's good stuff. Maybe a little too well-timed in terms of that NYC, 'Killing Moon' feel, y'know, but... still worth investigating further.
In part 2: I hear 'Snake', everyone starts dancing to The Faint, and the evening starts to BLAAAAAAST OFF.

<< Home