luridly interesting
I rag on The Guardian's coverage of pop culture a lot, and rightly so (shitty watered-down centre-left politics + shitty bourgeois values = shitty approach to art), but every now and again it's worth remembering why it's pretty much the only UK newspaper I would ever actually buy. The last quarter has seen some really nice little interviews with bands I'm extremely keen on in the Friday Review section: Chicks On Speed, The Fiery Furnaces and now this splendid Scissor Sisters feature, which again suggests that there is something fundamentally wrong with the world if 2004 is not the Sisters' year.
"My mum comes to all our big shows in New York," says Shears. His eyes light up. He's just had an idea. "We're going to make our mothers look like fuckin' nasty, dirty hookers. I want to see them smokin' and drinkin' and fightin'. She's so excited, she'll do anything. She'll dress up as a whore if I tell her to."
Bring on Top Of The Pops!
I rag on The Guardian's coverage of pop culture a lot, and rightly so (shitty watered-down centre-left politics + shitty bourgeois values = shitty approach to art), but every now and again it's worth remembering why it's pretty much the only UK newspaper I would ever actually buy. The last quarter has seen some really nice little interviews with bands I'm extremely keen on in the Friday Review section: Chicks On Speed, The Fiery Furnaces and now this splendid Scissor Sisters feature, which again suggests that there is something fundamentally wrong with the world if 2004 is not the Sisters' year.
"My mum comes to all our big shows in New York," says Shears. His eyes light up. He's just had an idea. "We're going to make our mothers look like fuckin' nasty, dirty hookers. I want to see them smokin' and drinkin' and fightin'. She's so excited, she'll do anything. She'll dress up as a whore if I tell her to."
Bring on Top Of The Pops!

<< Home